Plan Your Experience
Interfusion Festival will take place at The Westin Hotel in Alexandria, VA.
The Westin Alexandria
Blends sophistication and elegance with the historic surroundings of Alexandria, VA.
Stay with the Interfusion festival community overnight and enjoy our special group rate for single bed rooms, while availability last.
To book under the Interfusion group, call the Westin or reserve online below.
Westin Hotel: (703) 253-8600
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is Interfusion Festival?
Interfusion Festival is the largest indoor transformative festival in the US occurring on January 16 – 20, 2020 (MLK Weekend) bringing together like-minded souls for five days of learning, healing, play and connection. Interfusion provides a holistic opportunity for participants at all levels to explore workshops in over 20 practices with no partner required, from beginners to advanced offerings. Participants choose their adventure across a spectrum of over 100 festival activities and emerge into an openhearted community experience.
Is there an event theme?
The 2020 theme is Evolution. To evolve is to take a journey of exploration, and continuing the expansion of what was uncovered, unveiled, and awakened during one’s rebirth. It is a deepening, a period of intentional incubation. A path to greater awareness, wisdom, illumination and self-mastery. To being fully-realized and whole.
Do I need a partner?
No partner necessary! We have a great mix of men and women attending. Partnerships are created easily during each workshop and are often rotated multiple times by the instructor to create the best learning environment possible.
I am new. Are there beginner workshops?
Yes! We have plenty of choices for beginners. Please refer to the full festival schedule before the event and look for offerings marked as “beginner” or “all levels”.
What is the festival shows like?
Interfusion Festival has one event show night on Saturday featuring an exciting variety lineup of acts in dance, acrobatics and flow arts. The show is 90 minutes long. Function seating is provided for up to 700-1000 guests on a first come first serve basis, while standing room is available for additional guests. The saturday festival show is followed by the night parties.
Are children permitted to the festival?
No participants under the age of 12 are permitted to the festival. All participants under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times. All participants under 18 must have a special waiver form completed and signed by a parent.
Are pets permitted to the festival?
No pets other than service animals are permitted in the festival area. Westin Hotel has the following pet policy: “The hotel accepts dogs weighing up to 40 pounds. Guests must sign an agreement to not leave a pet alone in a room, even in a cage or crate. Service animals that provide assistance to individuals with disabilities are welcome at the hotel and are not subject to the policies and restrictions that apply to other animals. Any damage by pets will incur cleaning fees.
How should I dress and what should I bring?
How to dress and what to bring will depend on the classes you’re planning on taking and other activities you’re planning on participating in.
For partner dance classes: we recommend dance shoes and/or socks and comfortable clothing.
For Acrobatics: yoga type clothing is recommended. Please avoid loose fitting clothing and jewelry as they may become safety hazards. Sport towel, hand sanitizer and dry chalk are recommended but not necessary.
For pole dance and fitness: yoga shorts and sports bras work best. If you choose to wear heels, they must have ankle strap. You may also bring grip products, if desired.
For healing arts: comfortable clothing. Yoga mats will be provided but we recommend you also bring your own.
What is the Interfusion Consent Code of Conduct?
All individual entering festival grounds are required to agree to the below consent code of conduct. The Interfusion Consent Team and Security Members will be available to report any consent boundary crossings situations and incidents of inappropriate behavior. Consent Team Members will be identified by red armbands and lanyards.
To report any incidents of inappropriate behavior online, use the Interfusion Incident Reporting Form. The festival consent team has the authority to take actions if the behavior of any individual or small group detracts from the safe, relaxed and comfortable atmosphere of the festival.
CONSENT CODE OF CONDUCT
Interfusion is committed to creating a safe haven of creativity and personal growth for all participants. Here are our community consent rules of etiquette, or Code of Conduct, so everyone feels safe and at choice.
- Consent First: All participants must receive explicit consent before any physical contact interaction.
- Yes & No: “Yes” means yes. Hesitation or “maybe” means “no” or there’s something to clarify.
- Check In: Check in during any physical activity for another “Yes”. Ask questions, talk, clarify when ambiguous. (e.g. Do you feel safe? Does that feel good? Are you okay? Do you want to continue?)
- Consent Resets: A “yes” once does not mean “yes” in the future. Don’t make assumptions.
- Say Stop: Want an interaction to end but you don’t know what to say? Use the universal word is STOP. Exercise it often and in many ways. Stop does not mean a violation, it means exercising consent.
- Compliance: If someone says STOP to you, that means this interaction ends immediately.
- Communicate: It is encouraged to talk about what just happened with the individual to build and spread awareness. If you don’t feel comfortable talking to them, tell others what happened and talk to a consent team member right away. The community and consent team are here to help.
- Contact: contact a consent team member if you think you may have crossed someone’s boundaries, had your boundaries crossed, gotten into unsafe situation around consent. Contact the security team for serious violations. Use the Incident Reporting Form to report after the festival hours have passed.
- Report: if you see or experience consent behavior that is inappropriate or out of line, report it immediately. The consent team aims to catch consent breaks early, and often, so we can prevent more traumatic violations (e.g. lack of sobriety, you’ve said STOP more than once, you feel unsafe).
If any person, or group of persons, violates or is not in accordance with these Code of Conduct policies, they may be escorted out of the Interfusion Festival grounds, expelled from future events and released to authorities.
Contact Policy Contact Information
Consent Team Director
I would like to teach and/or perform at Interfusion, how do I sign up?
Interfusion brings together an eclectic mix of artists, teachers, healers and speakers from around the nation and beyond. To apply for the 2020 festival to teach, perform, speak or otherwise share your arts and passions with Interfusion community please visit: https://goo.gl/forms/buoZcBFYfbjkC9322