On February 20th, the Interfusion Team closed our 2023 project cycle for a recess until April 1st, when we launch our project cycle development process for Interfusion Festival IX (IFIX). As we take a moment to pause and reflect, we share highlights of big team accomplishments and strategic priority milestones for community awareness, which include:
• Achieved a 45 percent growth in participation from 2022 to 2023, for over 2,200 total attendance during the daytime program;
• Grew our grassroots Project Team by 50 percent and hired over 10 staff directly from the community to deliver excellence;
• Increased programming by 25 percent more activities and added novel spaces designed in partnership with local community artists;
• Increased overall diversity of the program artist lineup while keeping to our grassroots community-based roots and focus;
• Completed the Pay Equality Initiative priority to standardize overall compensation levels across all disciplines, genders, races, ages, and other demographics for artist facilitators and guides;
• Established the Interfusion Core Values & Guiding Principles based on community feedback to support each other towards thriving in the face of adversity and our ever-changing world.
On behalf of our entire project team, we are in gratitude for the trust placed in us to cocreate our eighth community-based grassroots project on MLK Jr. weekend, and for the opportunity to serve friends, families and communities with a purpose through this shared creative endeavor with you.
We rise by lifting others