Interfusion Festival Open Position Announcement
Community Volunteer Program (CVP) Coordinator
Interfusion Festival is seeking candidates from the community to be considered for the position of CVP Coordinator to guide the successful implementation of the festival-wide volunteer program. The CVP coordinator serves as primary lead for the overall community volunteer program process including oversight and functions of volunteer recruitment, scheduling, comms, and program execution. Interfusion VIII takes place on January 12 - 16, 2023 at the Crystal Gateway Marriott in Arlington, VA.
The Community Volunteer Program is made up of over a hundred volunteers working alongside the Project Team and Ops Staff to serve the wider community during Interfusion Festival. Established in 2016, the program has grown to now include several specialty teams serving in roles supporting guest relations, logistic support, Community Care Center services and more. Volunteers are provided a full pass in exchange for service and are selected based on needs, previous service and qualifications.
QUALIFICATIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
Top candidates for the position will have demonstrated excellent organizational skills, ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment, and commitment to service and community. Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Serves with the Interfusion project team to plan and execute the volunteer program
- Administers the application, recruitment, and onboarding process of volunteer team staff
- Overseas volunteer agreements, team structures, and program implementation
- Plans and coordinates program operations with CVP Team Leads to ensure quality of service
- Briefings the project team and provides recommendations to improve the program
- Collaborates with the team to complete agreed upon deliverables by established deadlines.
TERM OF APPOINTMENT
The position requires a 30-day Orientation and Evaluation Period that leads to a full project cycle or annual appointment, renewed based on performance and meeting agreed-upon project outcomes.
HOURS & COMPENSATION
5-10 hours a week during the project 3rd and 4th quarters. Entry level compensation is $3,000 USD.
How to Apply for Consideration
To apply for consideration for the position, kindly send your Resume/CV and a letter of interest to Interfusion Festival by email at firstname.lastname@example.org with the title of “Community Volunteer Program Coordinator Application -(Your Name)” by September 23rd.